WhatsApp Messenger App Review: Pros and Cons
WhatsApp Messenger is one of the most popular instant messaging apps that connects a billion users worldwide. All those using Whatsapp can share multimedia files and instant messages for free, and can also talk for free, unlimited! The app works on most of the smartphone models that include Android, iOS, Windows Phone, and BlackBerry. The app works on 3G, 4G, and Wi-Fi networks.
Let us now review the WhatsApp Messenger App and discuss some of its pros and cons, even though it would be fair to say that the pros or advantages supersede the disadvantages.
WhatsApp Review: Pros
• Free phone calls, free MMS and SMS to all WhatsApp users.
• No registration required as it uses mobile number for recognition purpose.
• Group messaging with a limit of 250+ members.
• Messaging multiple contacts using the Broadcast Lists.
• Accurate location can be shared using WhatsApp. You can immediately begin the trip using google maps or your phones default map.
• Audio and video calls
• Email conversations on WhatsApp for printing or backup purposes.
• Provides security by giving end-to-end-encryption. Nobody including WhatsApp is able to view your chats.
• Pleasant messaging experience without ads.
• Send and receive unlimited messages across the globe.
• Status of the message revealed using grey and blue ticks.
• Send video and audio messages up to the size of approximately 16MB.
• Send document files (spreadsheets, PDF, documents, slideshows) up to 100Mb.
• Email Conversation instead of private messaging is possible.
• Insert Emojis to make the conversation fun and interactive.
• The Whatsapp now offers its services for the web as well as Desktop that includes Windows 8 and MAC OS X 10.9.
• Saves both time and money by reducing Multimedia messages and normal Text.
• Whatsapp can function without sim card data provided you have registered your account.
• You can change your number without losing your present Whatsapp account.
• It is possible to delete a sent message as long as it is done within 4096 seconds (approx 1hour 8.2 seconds).
WhatsApp Review: Cons
• The number of members in the Whatsapp group limited to 256 persons.
• Retrieval and storing the chat-backup is time-consuming and tedious.
• It is possible to change to a new device using the same number, but the existing chat in the old device cannot be recovered on the new phone.
• Too many videos and images can occupy a lot of space in the device.
• Does not work without mobile data (offline).
• The absence of an inbuilt personal assistant like Google Allo which could have made things easier.
• Whatsapp features not available in all countries. It is a huge setback if you want a calling functionality in a messaging app.
• Video files larger than 16MB and documents bigger than 100 MB cannot be sent on WhatsApp.
• Unlike Facebook, WhatsApp does not have animated stickers and hence you have to satisfy yourself with Emojis.
• Contacting another person is possible only if you have their contact number, unlike Facebook or Snapchat.
WhatsApp Messenger is growing in popularity and is used and enjoyed by people irrespective of their age. Offices, family, and friends use this app for various requirements. It is certainly a great way to keep in touch, share thoughts, videos, documents, and pictures and stay connected. You might want to consider the pros and cons before deciding to install Whatsapp Messenger on your smartphone. However, the installation of Whatsapp on your smartphone will not harm your device. So, we suggest that you try out the app if you haven’t already as you can uninstall it whenever you decide to do so.