How Do I Find My Mother?
Our parents are the most influential people in our lives and they shape the people we become as we grow up. Having parents around is a given more most people but some do not have any relationship with their parents. Not being in touch with one parent is also very influential, and there are people who grew up without knowing their mother.
For those who want to track down the person who gave birth to them, not a day goes by where they don't ask themselves "how do I find my mom?". If you or someone you know are not in touch with your mother and you want to find here, you can. By following the tips and guide below, you will be able to reunite with your birth mother and answer the questions you have.
Where Do I Begin?
Information is key when trying to find any person, especially a parent, so you need to get at least a few details on your birth mom to find her. You can track down data by contacting one of the following:
- Family members – if you know any living relatives of your mom, you can contact them. Keep in mind that some people might hesitate whether or not to provide you with the information you need, so tread lightly and make sure you get across the fact that it is very important for you to find your mother.
- Adoption agency – if you know or discover you are adopted, you can start a process of opening your adoption file. Find out which agency handled your adoption, and ask them for as much information as they can give you about your mother.
- Census agencies – if you know where your mother was born or where she grew up, you can contact the local health department or other official authorities that hold census data about each state's resident.
What Information Do You Need?
When gathering information about your birth mother, you will need certain details that will help you track her down:1. Name – find out the first name and last name of your mother (a middle name will also be helpful)
2. Address – to track down people, you will need one of their addresses – past or present. If you have at least one address your mother resided in, you will be able to perform a more accurate search for her.
3. Phone number – if you have an old phone number that belonged to your mother, write it down and use it to find your mom.
4. Email address – when searching for your mother's information, it will also be helpful to track down an email address she used to find her.
How to Find My Mother
After you have one or more details about your birth mother, you can use it to run a background check that will help you find her. A background check is a check that uses public records to gather information based on a person identifying details. There are several types of background checks that each is based on one of the details listed above, and this is the information you will find on it:
- Aliases – any aliases your mother used/uses
- Criminal records – a detailed history of your mother's criminal record (if she has one) and data about her current status
- Contact information – any phone numbers your mother uses and the info you can use to get in touch with her
- Social media data – social media accounts and profiles your mother has. This could be a great way to reach out to your mother and contact her
- Addresses – the current address where your mother lives, as well as former addresses
How Can I Run a Background Check?
You can perform an independent check or an online background check to find your mother. With the first kind, you will need to contact authorities that maintain the information you are searching for, pay for the searches you requested, and wait to get the search results.
These types of checks can take several weeks, so most people use an online search to find their mother. You can use GoLookUp's background check engine to find your mother. How? It is simple. The name-based search engine will track down your mom's information based on her name, and the results will be provided to you within minutes. The system scans millions of public records quickly, so you will get all the data you need in one place.
You can also use other data search engines provided by GoLookUp, like a phone number search, an email address search, and a physical address search. When the searches are complete, you will get a report that includes all the available public records data on your mother.
Having a relationship with our parents is very important, and there are many people who did not get a chance to meet their birth mother. Luckily, we live in an age where we can access data online, and by performing a background check with GoLookUp, you will be able to find your mother and ask all the questions that have been bothering you.