How to Register to Vote in Wyoming?
If you want to cast your ballot in Wyoming, make sure that you complete your voter registration procedure at least 14 days before an election. At the same time, it is possible to register, as well as, vote either on Election Day or during the period of absentee voting.
Wyoming-Criteria for registering to vote
You should meet the criteria mentioned below to register for voting in Wyoming:
- A citizen of the United States;
- Should be at least 18-year-old;
- Take back voter registration from some other jurisdiction, in case the same is applicable;
- Legal resident of the state of Wyoming, as well as, the precinct where the registration is done;
- Should not be adjudicated as mentally incompetent;
- Is no convicted of any felony? In case he/she is convicted, their voting or civil rights should have been restored;
- Should show a valid Driver License for Wyoming in case there is one; else present their SSN’s (Social Security Number) last 4 digits. In case neither is available, the same should be indicated on the form for Voter Registration Application.
Wyoming-Ways to register to vote
The office of your local County Clerk administers your voter registration. You may register for voting through their office in any of the following 3 ways:
1. By mail/writing
If a voter is not residing in Wyoming currently or is unable to visit the office of the county clerk, they can opt for sending a mail to register for voting. The form for voter registrations should be printed and the below-listed instruction should be followed:
- Firstly, the form for voter registration should be printed and filled up in the presence of an authorized person or a notary. Printing should be done correctly using a blue or black ink pen.
- Present valid ID proof to the registered agent or the notary. These include:
- Wyoming driver license
- Driver license issued in a different state
- A valid U.S. passport
- Military ID
- School ID
- Birth certificate abroad issued by the State Department of the United States
- Certificate of naturalization or U.S. citizenship
- A certified copy or original birth certificate with an official seal
- Voter registration card issued by some other country or state
- Draft record
- Some other form of identification issued by an official body
- The oath for the voter registration has to be signed. The registered agent or the notary present should also sign the form.
- Offer copies of the identification presented to the notary.
- Copies of the identification and the form for voter registration should be mailed to the office of your local County Clerk.
2. In person submission of voter registration form in Wyoming
Take a print out of the voter registration form and then sign it before any registered agent at the office of Town Clerk or County Clerk.
3. Register for voting on Election Day at the polls
It is also possible to register to vote on Election Day at your polling site. Carry the documents, which will establish that you are qualified to register, as well as, vote.
Wyoming-Qualifications for the absentee ballot
The state of Wyoming permits any qualified elector to apply for their absentee ballot. The application can be done whenever they wish to during any calendar year when an election is held except for Election Day.
Wyoming-Some other directions for voter registration
- The state does not acknowledge the form for National Voter Registration. So the Register to Vote Tool should not be used for registering your vote in Wyoming.
- It is recommended to keep copies of the documents or ID proofs that were shown to the registered agent or the notary.
- The state prefers its residents to use the in-person method to register for their votes at the office of the County Clerk.