Allrecipes Cooking App: What's it all about?
Allrecipes is a name most foodies would already know about. They have been around for a while, and even before the days of food apps and interactive ways of cooking, Allrecipes was already around. The Allrecipes website has been a repository of delicious, easy to replicate and gorgeous recipes. All users had to do was input the ingredient they wanted to work with on the website, and Allrecipes took care to bring you the best recipes from its content for your needs.
That is why when Allrecipes came to the mobile, no one was really surprised, and it became one of the most well-known recipe apps around. Once you install the app, it will ask for your location. One of the best features about this app is that it pinpoints your location and through information on what kind of ingredients are available in your area, it recommends recipes that you can prepare with ingr3edients you have easy access to.
What are the features of the Allrecipes Cooking App that make it so popular?
The Allrecipes app features not just a simple way of finding a good recipe for a meal, but it also does so interestingly and engagingly. One of the most popular and unique-to-Allrecipes features available now is their Dinner Spinner.
The Dinner Spinner provides you with a list of recipes based on only three pieces of information:
- Your core ingredient for the meal
- What kind of meal it is – example, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and others
- How long you have to prepare that meal
When you open the app, it will ask for these three pieces of information from you. Once you have provided it, the app then presents you with various recipes based on that information. What this means is that the app does not only encourage looking for recipes but also browsing for recipes as well.
For users that do not often browse, the Dinner Spinner is a unique way of finding new and refreshing recipes. If you do not want to provide any information and are just looking for a surprise, then Allrecipes has you covered. If you shake your phone while Allrecipes is open, then the app will randomly select ten recipes for you.
The app also lets you swipe away from recipes and ingredients that do not interest you. The app's interface also keeps a note of what you dislike and like, and the options it offers you are more likely to be based on your likes while avoiding your dislikes. There are various tutorials as well as step-by-step videos that show you exactly how to make a recipe once you have selected it.
The Allrecipes app is also constantly evolving. One of the most significant problems cooks face is regarding measurements of ingredients. If you have a recipe that serves four, then how do you change the measurement of the ingredients when you have to feed two, six, eight, ten or more people? The Allrecipes app automatically calculates these measurements for you and tells you exactly what you need to feed a single person, a small group or a large group of people.
Allrecipes is a food recipe app based on ingredients that not only looks good but delivers on the features as well. With good functionality and a strong emphasis on personal food choices, the app evolves with its user in the kind of interactions it will have with that user. That is to say that the more information you provide to the app on your food and eating habits, the more powerful it grows in its ability to become your digital recipe organizer.
All Recipes User Reviews
- "When I'm trying to look for a last minute recipe, All Recipes is my go-to site. I really like reading through the reviews and seeing the results that people had made the recipe. I also like that each recipe is ranked so I can search for most popular. Another great feature is you can list what ingredients you have on hand and it will search for recipes that you can make with those items."
- "I regularly find recipes that I enjoy on this site. Good explanations and pictures that help. Easy print function. Go to site for recipes."
- "Love their site and app! Who needs a recipe book when you can find a recipe on this site/app with a review from people! Very large selection of recipes as anyone can post them! But I really like the review option as well so I can know what to expect and how to change a recipe a bit when needed."
- "They are the best! I love to find easy and delicious recipes on Allrecipes' site."
- "Great site! You can find recipes for pretty much anything. Always plenty of reviews of those who have tried it so you get an idea of what you are getting into/how it's going to taste."
- "I have had so much success on Allrecipes. I made their banana bread bars the other day and they were delicious. You cannot go wrong with the recipes from Allrecipes.com. I would highly recommend it to any friends!"