AnyWho Overview and Full AnyWho Review
Background checks are an important tool when a company is looking for a new employee, when a landlord is searching for a new tenant, or when someone is looking for a life partner. Running a simple background check can cut out potential dangerous people from your life and weed out liars.
Employer background checks are performed by more than 90% of employers in the country who want to find out if the applicants' history is indeed correct. While employers have access to professional companies that perform background checks regularly, not many people are aware that they can also perform similar checks. AnyWho is one such website which you can use to perform a background check on people, and with our AnyWho review, you will be able to find out if it's the right service for you.
What is AnyWho.com?
AnyWho is a website that provides people search services, meaning it allows users to find information about specific people in their lives. The website also provides data about businesses and is available for use both from your PC/ Mac or mobile device. AnyWho gets all its information from Intelius, which is another background search company, and if you run a search using AnyWho it will automatically direct you to Intelius to view the results of your search.
After being forwarded to the Intelius site to access the search results there are a few price options.
The cheapest option is a People Search Report which will cost you 95 cents. The report includes, if available, full name, age & DOB, addresses, phone number, relatives, social networks, email addresses, employment, and education.
The second cheapest option is a Public Records Report for 1.95. This report includes, if available, everything in a People Search report as well as marriage & divorce records. The third most expensive option is a Background Search Report which will run you 39.95. This report includes, if available, everything from a Public Records Report as well as state criminal check, liens, bankruptcies, judgments, and lawsuits.
Additionally, you will automatically be signed up for a trial of Intelius Premium which will cost you 29.95 if you do not cancel the subscription within 7-day trial.
AnyWho.com Services and Features
The following are services provided by AnyWho.com:
People Search – This search allows users to find information about certain people, like their contact information, address, birth records, marriage records, court records, and more. To find the data, the user needs to provide identifying information about the person in question – first name, last name, and City, State or ZIP code.
Reverse Address Lookup – This service by AnyWho allows users to find data about the owner of a property based off the provided address.
Reverse Phone Lookup – This search allows users to find data about people based on the owner of the phone number provided.
Yellow Pages Search- AnyWho users can also find information about businesses based on the business's name or address. The yellow pages search results allow users to find business listings, business location maps, coupons relating to businesses, and more. The search can help users to find out if certain business/business owners are legitimate by discovering if they have a yellow pages' listing.
How Does AnyWho Work? We Explain the Way AnyWho.com Operates!
AnyWho derives data from Intelius, Inc. and public records; public records are records that are gathered by authorities across the country and are kept in both online and offline records. Under the Freedom of Information Act in the United States, certain personal records are available to the public. To search for these records offline, you will need to contact the authorities that maintain them and wait to get the results.
To make the process quicker and easier, websites, such as AnyWho.com provide online access to public records. Once an identifying detail is entered into AnyWho's search directories, the website begins to scan public records and aggregates data from such records.
The search for public records takes several minutes, at the end of which users receive information about the people they are searching.
AnyWho Small Business Advertising and Listing Check
There are certain cases in which there are errors in small business listings; such errors can negatively affect businesses, especially if they are made in popular search engines, such as Google. Along with YP, AnyWho.com allows small business owners to discover if there are listing mistakes in their data.
By using the YP (Yellow Pages) search service, businesses are able to change their incorrect online profiles and improve their strength. The service is unique to AnyWho, and other background check websites do not offer this special check. So, in that sense, AnyWho gets a positive review as it allows businesses to provide customers with accurate data and improve their exposure and reputation tremendously.
How to Maximize Your Chances of Finding Data on AnyWho
At times, people have trouble finding the information they need about others, even in thorough search engines like AnyWho. If you cannot find the information of a certain person with AnyWho, you can use the following tips that will help you track down the data that you need:1. Try other search methods – if you are unable to find information based on the person's name, for instance, you can use other search engines provided by AnyWho, such as the AnyWho reverse feature. AnyWho reverse phone number search, reverse address search or reverse email lookup services will find the information that you need.
2. Enter partial information – if you cannot find a person's information by their full name, you can try this; enter partial information – like the first name only, for instance, or their last name.
3. Enter as much information as possible – there are people who have very common last name, like Smith, which can make them hard to track down. To narrow down the number of search results, enter more information about the person that you are searching for, like their state of residence.
4. Pay attention to the spelling – if you misspell a name, you might not get the search results you were hoping for. So, make sure you are spelling the person's name correctly. If you are still coming up empty, then use a search method that does not require spelling, like a phone number search.
AnyWho has several advantages that make it popular among those who are searching for a reliable background check service. First of all, most of the services provided by the website are free, unlike similar background check sites. Another great thing about AnyWho.com is the small business check that allows businesses to improve and list accurate information about themselves. The search services are fast and accurate, so you can get the answers you are searching for quickly and easily.
However, AnyWho's free services come at a cost; like other free background check services, the website does not have full access to public records. Full access to such records is provided by paid-per services, so you might not get all the data you need when using AnyWho. Several AnyWho users had this to say about the website (sitejabber.com):
- "Thanks! Finally was able to find a landline phone number for free when none of the others would give it to me without paying. (i.e. whitepages & peoplefinder) I understand about cell phones, but not public landlines & addresses. Got your site bookmarked for future requirements & do not mind paying for additional information if needed."
- "I've been using AnyWho.com for years now; I most often use the site for the "AnyWho reverse lookup" service. I find the site to be easy to use and have never had issues with bugs, non-working links or general issues some sites have. They may not be the greatest if you're into looking really deep and researching a ton of information, but for the most part, the site does exactly what it says and stays current with new trends. I'm always happy with the results."
- "The AnyWho Telephone Directory website is fantastic. It has a complete International Yellow Pages directory, and there is also a people search, business search and a handy Google search from within the site."
-"It is predominately aimed at the American market, but I managed to find everything I needed on the AnyWho site."
So, if you are searching for a reliable and free background check service, AnyWho.com is the website for you. Keep in mind that you will not get full access to public records, but the service is definitely satisfying for most search purposes.