Colorado Arrest Records Search
Knowing one’s arrest records s useful because sometimes landlords, employers or other parties night require to see the information for various needs. If you get the information on your criminal or arrest record, you can also apply for corrections. There are also provisions to keep it from public view. Read on to understand the ways to get your arrest records in Colorado.
Getting your criminal record, step-by-step
Colorado comes under the category of ‘open records state’. Therefore, the steps involved in getting criminal records are simpler. The division of the Colorado Department of Public Safety, The Colorado Bureau of Investigation, is responsible for maintaining these records. Arrest records and criminal records are with the central repository of CBI. You may obtain them through the internet or via phone request
You may call the Colorado Bureau of Investigation by dialing 303-239-4208. After this, you may go through the steps based on the instructions.
Go through the following steps to get the records online:
- Visit the https://www.cbirecordscheck.com/index.aspx and click the "individuals" option
- You may create an account by clicking the option "Accounts". Note that this is needed only if you require arrest record information of more than one person. If you require individual information, you may carry on without an account
- Enter your details such as first and last name, date of birth, and the reason behind the search. You can choose "Other" as one of the reasons.
- If you provide detailed information, you will get the required data easily. Try to include information such as social security number, middle name, gender, and race if you can.
- Once you complete the form, you may click on the "Continue" button.
- After this, you have to provide your credit card information and provide the fee. After this, you may click “Continue”
- You will get the criminal and arrest records. You can save or print individual records.
Note that the repository holds records for the state of Colorado alone. It does not include federal records. Besides, arrest records are available in cases where fingerprints were collected by the law enforcement of the state. Besides, the information on the registered sex offender is only accessible via a law enforcement agency.
Things to do in case of inaccuracies in a criminal record
In case you find that your individual records are incorrect on the CBI repository, you may dispute it. If you have any rectifications to make in the criminal record, dial 303-239-4208. After making a formal written request to correct the inaccuracy, the state is responsible for acting on it within a certain time frame.
The records you get from the state may consist of discrepancies or omissions. Not every law enforcement agency and the court is capable of recording data with high accuracy. Besides, some government entities maintain the data for a longer period of time. Hence, you may consider dealing with agencies that may have the information about the case you may be referring to.
If you make such an effort, you may find information that is not available in the database. Such information might be contradictory or have certain inaccuracies. Therefore, it is important to know and understand these well so that you can correct these errors.
Since such information may be inaccurate or even contradictory, it is important to become aware of it so that those errors can be addressed.
Criminal records on file
Criminal records are saved when a person is arrested or declared convict in a crime. A crime, whether it is a misdemeanor or felony, will stay with the records forever. However, note that in certain cases, a record may be sealed from the public.
However, in some cases, a record may be sealed or expunged so the public cannot see it.
Find Colorado Arrest Records with GoLookUp!