What is the Law on Bribery in Kansas and What are the Punishments for it?
The article moves through the complications of the introduction of bribery. Further, this piece moves into what is usually accepted as a bribe? shape and forms of bribery, a case study of bribery. Then this article leads to the laws of bribery prevailing in Kansas, a Midwestern U.S. state followed by the punishments for the same.
An introduction to bribery:
All through the globe, there are various definitions and meaning perceived for the term "bribery". It is generally used when an offer is proposed, a promise is made to change, mold, distort, convert, vary the action, decision, exercise, deed, move, vote, or venture. This offer made or promise done can be tangible or intangible in nature.
What is usually accepted as a bribe?
It is not mandatory in case of bribery just include tangible benefits such as cash, big tips, and presents, lavish possessions, discounts, or free hospitality. It may also include intangible benefits such as promises for future benefits. Other than this, bribery is received in the form of gifts, loans, services, free vacations, and tours, access of assets, or even a luring favor for the family, friends, and dear ones.
Shape and forms of bribery: First and foremost, bribery is unlawful in most parts of the world. It is a serious national offense and against public law. It is the breach of national trust and confidence on a public official and the penalty to bribery is extremely high. The two major shapes that bribery takes are as follows:
- Active bribery: When the bribe is promised, given, proposed or granted by an individual to the another in order to change, distort, convert, mold, vary the action, decision, exercise, deed, move, vote or venture, it is known as Active bribery. It is considered as the supply end of the bribery.
- Passive bribery: When the bribe is accepted or received by an individual to the another in order to change, distort, convert, mold, vary the action, decision, exercise, deed, move, vote, or venture, it is known as Passive bribery. It is considered as the demand end of the bribery.
Common incidents of bribery:
• A bank employee selling information from bank customers.
• A contract to construct roads in favor of the one who bribes the officials
• A trader proposing cash to the customs officials to import goods
• A free trip was given to a public official in exchange for the modification of documents
Law on Bribery in Kansas:
Sec Code 26-6001 is associated with bribery in Kansas. As per the law of Kansas, it can be explained as: • It is said to be the offense of bribery if the person proposes, or consent to give a particular benefit to a government official with the aim to change, distort, convert, mold, vary the action, decision, exercise, deed, move, vote, or venture. , •the bribe is accepted and a guarantee is taken to change, distort, convert, mold, vary the action, decision, exercise, deed, move, vote, or venture in favor of the one who proposed as made by a public official.
Punishment for bribery in Kansas:
In Kansas, bribery is a severe offense and breach of trust towards the state. The state ensures strict punishment and penalty for the same. It is seen as a class7 offense and is non-person offense in nature. For the same, the state takes away the current position of the government official serving to the state. Not only this, the individual will not hold any other position in the government domain even in the future, as ensured by the state.