How to Obtain a Free Background Check in the State of New Mexico?
With the progress and advancement of nations and societies, a new wave of insecurity has gripped the minds of people. Crimes as a result of mistrust, cheating, and prejudices have been increasing at an alarming rate. Safety and security have become top priorities, and it’s not possible to compromise on trust and integrity at the workplace. Better to be safe and secure rather than be sorry; hence background checks are mandatory as per law. Background checks are necessary for various purposes by employers and other institutional purposes. They are managed and controlled by federal and state laws.
All states in the US are mandated by different compliance and regulatory Acts for which the protocol and procedures vary amongst member states of the Union. Background checks in the state of Indiana are regulated by Federal law. The law specifies the manner in which public records are maintained and managed by government bodies.
Background checks can be carried out- officially and unofficially. In the state of Indiana, it’s the New Mexico Department of Public Safety that carries out official background checks. Official background checks provide objective and factual data, whereas unofficial checks provide details of the history and character of the individual by looking into public records. These unofficial background checks are a great way to unearth private details of friends, neighbors, co-workers, relatives, enemies, etc.
As per the New Mexico Inspection of Public Records Act, citizens are entitled to access public records maintained by the respective government offices.
Official background checks are available through the New Mexico Department of Public Safety at a price of $15, whereas Fingerprint cards cost $9 and can be availed at any local law enforcement agency.
The Department of Public Safety is an office of public records pertaining to crime-related info in the state of New Mexico.
The New Mexico State Central Repository for Criminal History maintains police records, arrests, juvenile crime info, etc
New Mexico Judiciary Branch maintains the court records. Current cases are available to be viewed online in person at a relevant court jurisdiction. Historical cases are stored and located at an offsite location and can be made available on request via email or in person.
Employment background check:
Employers resort to due diligence checks by inquiring into convictions or arrests in different ways. They can check into the prospective employee’s credit history, connect with former employers, or via social networking sites. It’s mandatory to be fingerprinted if individuals are keen to apply for a job with a bank. Likewise with most other institutions.
Care providers background check:
As a matter of procedure, Hospital/ care providers abide by federal regulation to obtain a background check on an employee who has frequent contact with the public, in whatever capacity.
Educational background check:
An applicant for a teaching position has to undergo a background check and includes the following parameters viz., criminal, academic, and driving record check, etc
Important aspects to note:
- If the information on a background check found to be incorrect, then it can be rectified by approaching the Department of Public Safety/ visit=> https://www.dps.nm.gov/
Physical Address: 4491 Cerrillos Rd Santa Fe NM 87507
- An arrest record would show up the following aspects in a background report: warrant status, DUI convictions, sex offender related info, possession and consumption of drug/ marijuana, probation status, juvenile crime info (if any)
- Certain jobs of a sensitive nature will require to through a record of financial track record from Consumer Reporting Agency i.e., Consumer Protection Financial Bureau. These agencies are experts in compiling info on bankruptcies, employment track, loans availed, evictions, delinquencies, etc.
- Click here to view those list of agencies and obtain your copy=> https://files.consumerfinance.gov/f/documents/cfpb_consumer-reporting-companies-list.pdf
- To obtain a copy of driving record=> https://secure.mvd.newmexico.gov/RenewalServices/default.aspx