Best Star Wars Video Games of All Time
Star Wars is one of the most beloved franchises of all time. To date, it has grossed well over $7.5 billion worldwide at the box office. So why do people love Star Wars so much?
- In 1977, Star Wars came out of nowhere blindsiding people with an immersive universe and impressive special effects which hadn’t been seen anywhere before.
- Star Wars did merchandise like no one before. Cups, T-shirts, toys, etc. You name it and there’s a Star Wars version of it.
- It was a very well made film which won a ton of awards such as the Academy Awards for Best Art Direction, Best Costume Design, Best Film Editing, and the list goes on and on.
There have been many developers looking to capitalize on Star Wars success by creating faithful video-game adaptations. Understandably, some of these games are better than others. Here’s a look at the best Star Wars video games of all time.
1. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic – Ask any fan of Star Wars themed video games about which is the best Star Wars video-game and you’ll hear the words Knights of the Old Republic more often than not. This isn’t without merit. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic did what no other Star Wars game had done or has done since. It crafted a story that’s arguably better than the movies. If you haven’t played it yet and are a fan of Star Wars themed video-games, you owe it to yourself to stop reading this article and start playing it.
2. Star Wars Battlefront II – While EA and DICE have remade both the Battlefront games for a more modern audience, many fans still stand by the originals as being superior to the remakes. The campaign, galactic conquest and the multiplayer maps are reason enough to give 2005’s Star Wars Battlefront II a try.
3. Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga – Developer Traveller’s Tales has done an impressive job developing Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga. It is the only Star Wars game to tell the story of all six movies entirely in one attractive package. While it is a Lego game, it comes with fun, varied and addictive gameplay that’s true to its source material. You’ll be sad when the ride is over, but Traveller’s Tales has packed the game with enough content to keep the ride going for hours and hours.
4. Star Wars: Republic Commando – Republic Commando sounds like a huge gamble on paper. It ditches the Jedi and the action and adventure that has made Star Wars famous. It is a first-person shooter where you lead an elite group of Clone Troopers set at the beginning of the Clone Wars. Fans all over the world are disappointed that there isn’t a sequel because it is quite a solid first-person shooter that still holds up surprisingly well.
5. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed – Many fans will argue that this game doesn’t deserve to be on this list and rightly so. However, there is something about this game that just draws you in. Maybe it’s the fact that the game does a really good job of capturing the feeling you’d feel if you had the full power of the force at your disposal. It could also be the stellar storyline and its satisfying combat. Whatever the reason, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is a great ride from start to finish and you can’t say that about most games today.
All of these games are fantastic in their own right and are as varied as peaches and apples. Play one or play all of them, they’re Star Wars video-game fan favorites for a reason. Find out why by playing them today.
Get the best pricing and pick the best video game console here!