What are the Best Health Insurance Options in the state of California?
It is not easy to find the best and most suitable health insurance plan for you, your spouse and your family in the state of California. It can be a pretty confusing process. There are many factors to keep in mind before you can decide on which health insurance option is the best for you. Some of these factors include –
- Your current and future financial strength,
- The customer service ratings,
- The insurance claims service,
- The insurance plans and their prices,
- The plan policy offerings,
- The insurance coverage benefits, and
- The various provider choices.
It can be very difficult to find the “best” health insurance company. But you can choose the right type for you that will suit your best, depending on your budget, what is the best plan available in your area and the kind of health insurance you need.
Which health insurance plan to choose in California?
In the state of California, many health insurance companies offer the options of PPO or Preferred Provider Organization or HMO or Health Maintenance Organization Plan. An HMO plan comes with its group of doctors whose services provided for health care come with prices that are already agreed upon beforehand. A PPO plan consists of pre-approved physicians who are a part of the network and who offer comparatively lower costs to the plan members. Most PPO plans also allow their members access to out-of-network providers for a slightly higher fee.
The region of California that you live in is an essential factor that will determine the various health insurance providers that will cater to you. Also, the coverage options will vary.
It can be quite a daunting process to try and find the best health insurance company that matches all of your needs. Based on thorough research and statistics, below is a list of insurance companies in the state of California that has an excellent reputation and offer grand plans and policies depending on which area you live in.
The below eight health insurance companies are the best options for health insurance coverage for the year 2019 –
- Kaiser Permanente
- The Blue Cross Association
- Health Care Service Corporation (HCSC)
- Molina Healthcare
Information on buying an Individual and Family Healthcare Plan in the state of California.
Buying a brand new private health insurance plan in the state of California may be right for you if you fall in the below categories -
- If you have your own business or proprietorship, meaning you are self-employed
- If your current company/employer does not offer you a group health insurance plan
- If you are part of a group plan, but your dependents and spouse are not covered
- If you are part of a health insurance plan, but the insurance premiums are too high
- If you are part of a health plan, but your health insurance needs have changed
Below are some of the best health insurance plans offered by Kaiser Permanente of CA in California -
- $0 Cost Share HMO AI-AN Deductible: None
- Bronze 60 HDHP HMO Deductible: $6,000
- Bronze 60 HDHP HMO 5500/40% Deductible: $5,500
- Bronze 60 HDHP HMO AI-AN Deductible: $6,000
- Bronze 60 HMO Deductible: $6,300
Kaiser Permanente is an integrated health delivery system, which means that they provide and coordinate an entire scope of healthcare for all its members, including the following services:
- preventive care
- well-baby and prenatal care
- emergency care
- screening diagnostics
- hospital and medical services
- pharmacy services
As a Kaiser Permanente member, you can discuss a personalized plan with your primary healthcare physician that focuses on wellness and prevention to help you achieve your health goals. You'll also have access to many member programs that are designed to help you stay healthy and fit and overall feel your best self.