How to Download Podcasts from iTunes
Podcasting is a free service on the internet that lets people pull audio files which are usually in the MP3 format from a podcasting website. They can then listen to these podcasts on their computer, a smartphone or a dedicated digital audio player. The term podcast originates from a combination of the words iPod and broadcasting.
The term podcast is deceiving because it suggests that you need an iPod to listen to a podcast. This is false, you can listen to a podcast on any digital audio player. While an internet radio requires users to tune into a specific broadcast, podcasts require users to download them or subscribe to an RSS feed. In this article, we’re going to take a look at how to download podcasts using iTunes.
There are two ways in which you can go about downloading podcast episodes using iTunes. You can set up auto-downloads so that iTunes downloads new episodes for you as they are released so that they are ready for you to watch or listen to whenever you’d like to. The other way of going about it is to download each episode manually.
If you’d like to set iTunes to download podcasts for you automatically, open the settings of the podcast and make sure you confirm that new episodes should be downloaded.
1. If you haven’t already done so, begin by subscribing to the podcast you’d like.
2. Continue by opening the section of iTunes labeled Library to find all of the podcasts you’ve subscribed to. If you don’t see any podcasts, check to see if the drop-down menu to the left of iTunes is set to Podcasts. It could accidentally be set to Music, TV Shows, etc.
3. Click on the podcast you’d like to set up to download new episodes to be saved on iTunes.
4. Next up, hover your mouse over the menu on the right and click on the On button which should be next to Download Episodes.
5. Finish up by clicking on the Done button to lock your settings in.
It’s even simpler to choose which podcast episodes you’d like to download or get.
1. From the Podcasts section in your iTunes library, click on the podcast you’d like to download.
2. Switch the podcast to Feed on Unplayed.
3. To the right of the episode, select the menu and select download episode which will begin downloading the episode right away to iTunes. (You can also click the download button directly which is the icon with the cloud and arrow).
4. And that’s a wrap.
If you aren’t subscribed to a podcast, fear not because you can still download individual podcast episodes.
All you need to do is to click the Get button instead of subscribing to the podcast to download any episode you’d like. This is handy in case you’d like to listen to an episode recommended by family or a friend but don’t want to commit to downloading a full series. Remember that all of the podcast episodes you download will be stored in one place which is your Podcast library.
If you see a podcast episode with a cloud icon next to it, that means that the episode hasn’t been downloaded yet. Double-clicking the episode will start the download instead of playing it.
If you haven’t already, subscribe to a few podcasts that interest you. Podcasts are a great way of exposing yourself to new ideas as well as keep up with all the things which are happening in the world. They’re also great if you have some extra time to kill, like when you’re driving to work, sewing, etc.
Get the best deals on Alexa from Amazon and save big!