Everything You Need to Know about Lady Gaga
When you think formidable, controversial and yet inspiring with huge amounts of talent, the first person whom you think of is Lady Gaga. The name of her stage persona came into being from the song Radio Gaga by Queen. Her real name, however, is Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta. She is a Catholic and attended school with Paris and Nicky Hilton. At the age of eight, she started taking piano lessons, which she continued practicing through her childhood, which has panned out today and will continue through the years. Here are some interesting facts about Lady Gaga and her rise to fame.
- Her debut album The Fame was well received by everyone and reached the top of the charts in UK, Canada and practically everywhere. Poker Face, Just Dance were played on the radio, on television and anywhere, really. The hits topped the Billboard Top 100 and earned six Grammy nominations. The song Poker Face won the best recording and electronic dance album.
- Her presence is unique and is hardly ever missed. Her crazy attire like the famous meat dress that she wore weighed 50 pounds was shocking and had everyone talking. The outfit – raw meat, did not have any gore or blood drips. Franc Fernandez who designed the outfit sourced the meat from his family’s butcher. The Women Who Rock exhibit was treated to this piece de resistance ensemble in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
- The singer, songwriter, and actor is multi-talented and has not only written songs for herself but for Fergie, Britney Spears, and the Pussycat Dolls. She wanted to make a mark in the music industry and while the early years saw her struggling, she did manage to get by, on the reality show Boiling Point. She also appeared on The Hills in 2008. Gaga had a relatively similar look to Amy Winehouse and that is when she changed her hair color to blonde.
- She has been a strong supporter of gay rights and has been open about being bisexual. In fact, her song Born this Way had over a million tracks in the first five days after release, which was a record in itself. Her male alter ego is Jo Calderone, which is featured in her song Poker Face.
- As a person, she has received backlash from many communities because of her eccentricities. She has dated quite a number of people in the public eye. However, in 2018 at her speech at the 25h Annual Women in Hollywood celebration in LA, she openly let on that she was engaged to her talent agent Christian Carino. That pretty much as put a lid on speculations doing the rounds.
- Gaga is a very passionate philanthropist and donated over $500,000 for Haiti. Her movie A Star is Born won critical acclaim and her chemistry with fellow actor Bradley Cooper has her fans wanting to see the two together. But she is quite in love with Christian Carino.
- She had stated that when she was a teenager she was raped by a music producer, which is the ugly side of the business. It was multiple therapy sessions that got her out of the doldrums and trauma associated with rape. She has stood up for Kesha unlike many in the fraternity.
Through the years, Gaga has indeed transformed. Today we hardly see her in her weird clothes, though she probably will come out with something new, one never knows. As a performer, she leaves people craving more because of her musical and acting prowess. One thing about Gaga, she is never boring. She knows how to keep the conversation going and her music going too. The lady is a powerhouse and does all she can with her talent, and her ability to help.