Jacksonville Police Departments Information
The Jacksonville Police Departments is the agency that is responsible for law enforcement activities in the city of Jacksonville, located in Onslow County in the state of North Carolina.
About the Jacksonville Police Department
The City of Jacksonville Police Department has jurisdiction of a total area of 44.5 square miles. The department is responsible for law and order in the city that has a population of 72,896. It is the 14th largest city in the state.
The Police Chief heads the Jacksonville Police Department. The department works under the city council. Chief Michael Yaneiro is the Director of Public Safety responsible for all law enforcement operations. There are 112 sworn officers working in the department with 30 civilian support staff.
The Jacksonville Police Department Address is:
206 Marine Blvd
Jacksonville NC 28540.
In case of emergencies, the department can be contacted at 911. For any non-emergency, citizens can call him on (910) 455 4000.
The Jacksonville Police Department Email address of the Captain of Administrative Services of the department is firstname.lastname@example.org
The Jacksonville Police Department’s website is https://jacksonvillenc.gov/180/Jacksonville-Police
Jacksonville Police DepartmentOrganization
The Chief of Police is the head of the Jacksonville Police Department. He holds the rank of Director of Public Safety. The Public Safety department handles police services, fire services, and emergency services. The Deputy Chief of Police heads the Investigative division that handles all crime investigations. The department has the Administrative services division that handles general administration activities. It has the patrol division that conducts patrol operations in the city. Both these divisions are headed by Captains.
Jacksonville Police Department Reporting a Crime
The department encourages citizens to report any crime. Reporting a crime is possible by calling 911 if the crime is an emergency, else the phone number can be contacted. Online reporting of crimes is possible from https://jacksonvillenc.gov/195/Online-Crime-Reporting
Online reporting of crimes is possible for the following types of crimes:
- Simple larceny
- Property damage where the value of the damage is below $1000
- Defrauding an innkeeper
- Harassment and Obscene calls
- Simple assault
- Indecent exposure
- Lost items
For any crime not listed here, one can call the police on phone.
Jacksonville Police Department of Community Outreach
One of the key programs of the department is the community outreach program that reaches out to the citizens of the city to work with them to improve the city’s safety. The objective is to prevent crime and ensure quick response to safety-related issues.
The various programs that are offered by the department are:
- Community watch: This is a crime prevention initiative that focuses on neighbors looking out for each other. The program envisages creating a system where suspicious activities and crimes are reported promptly to prevent crimes.
- Crime Stoppers: This is an initiative where the public is invited to help in solving crimes. The programs are also offered in campuses of educational institutions. The department has a hotline for the public to report crimes. The number is (910) 938 3273. The program has been highly successful leading to 90% convictions based on tips provided.
- Help Me Home: This is a program that helps those who have family members suffering from Autism. The public can register details of such persons with the department. This will help the department reach them quickly if they need help.
- Explorer Program: This is a program meant for 14 to 21-year-olds who are interested in a career in law enforcement. The program ensures students are exposed to events that help them understand about police activities.
- Drug Abuse Education: DARE (Drug Abuse Resistance Education) is a program that ensures the prevention of drug abuse and violence among young people of the city.