Englewood Federal Detention Center Profile and Valuable Information
Located in Colorado, Englewood Federal Correctional Center is one of the low-security federal correctional institutions for men that can host a total population of 1,049 at any given time. This entire institution has an adjacent detention center (FDC) and a satellite camp (FPC) both of which are medium-security. Currently, there are 889 prisoners in the Federal Correctional Institute and Detention Center while there are 163 prisoners at the Camp.
Every prisoner on their arrival is screened by the staff of the prison. This screening is for finding out the designation of the prisoner and for understanding the best program that will help them for the future.
40% of the population of the Federal Correctional Center comprises of those who have been convicted as sex offenders. Some prisoners have a record for the crime or who are currently holding a record for the same.
The Federal Correctional Institute was opened in the year 1938 and was named after the city of Englewood, Colorado. The mailing address is for Littleton, Colorado but it does not belong to any of the two cities.
Englewood Federal Detention Center Visiting Hours
The Englewood Federal Detention Center allows visitors on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and other federal holidays. For those who are visiting on Friday, the timing is from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm while visits on the weekends and holidays are from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm.
Every prisoner of the Detention Center is granted 30 points every month for visitations. These points are deducted on an hourly basis. One point is deducted per hour on the weekdays while two points are deducted for visits on weekends and holidays. Any visit that is more than 15 minutes in length will be rounded off to an hour.
Englewood Federal Detention Center Visitation Rules
The following are an explanation of the rules that are followed within the Detention Center:
- All inmates can have a maximum of about three adult visitors at a time. Those visitors who are 16 years or older are considered to be under the category of adults. Small children are not counted into the visitor total.
- If the visiting room for inmates gets corded then visitors are going to be asked to leave. Those who are considered to be “local” visitors are going to be asked to leave first.
- Apart from holding hands as the only physical contact, a quick embrace or even a kiss is allowed at the beginning and the end of every visit.
- Visitors are allowed to carry a total of $25.00 for using vending machines within the facility. This money is to be carried in a clear change purse.
- No electronics are allowed in the visiting area. All electronics are to be kept in the visitor’s car or in lockers that are provided by the visitor.
To locate inmates in the Englewood Federal Detention Center, log onto https://golookup.com/inmate-search.
Englewood Federal Detention Center Inmates Programs
Englewood Federal Detention Center introduces several programs for its inmates to help them re-establish themselves in society by becoming better individuals and by helping them to develop a skill that will sustain them for the future. Some of the different programs that are offered include:
- Drug Abuse Education Course
- Non-Residential Drug Abuse Program (NR-DAP)
- Residential Drug Abuse Programme (RDAP)
- GED in English and Spanish
- High School Diploma
- Post-Secondary Programs
- Sex Offender Management Program (SOMP)
- Occupational Programs in Customer Service and General Business
- Art & Crafts Program - primarily fine arts, painting, beading, ceramics, pottery, and leather-work
Englewood Federal Detention Center Contact Details
Address: 9595 West Quincy Avenue, Littleton, CO 80123
Phone Number: 303-763-4300
Mailing Address: Inmate’s Name and Register Number, FCI Engelwood Federal Correctional Institute, 9595 West Quincy Avenue, Littleton, CO 80123