Howard R. Young Correctional Institution Profile and Valuable Information
The rules & procedures of the correctional facilities in the U.S varies from one to the other. So, if you have a closed one as an inmate in one of the facilities, just getting in contact with them may become overbearing. The following guide to the basics of the Howard R. Yong Correctional Institution will help visitors navigate better.
Howard R. Young Correctional Institution history
The HRYCI was established in 1982. Initially, it was called the Multi-Purpose Criminal Justice Facility. In February 2004, the facility was renamed. Owing to the name of the neighborhood it is located in, the facility is also known by the name of Garden Hill Prison. This prison facility belongs to the Level-5 category. The total number of detainees that the facility was designed to hold was 360. Ten years late, in 1992, the 480-bedded east wing was opened for sentenced inmates. The prison capacity increased as extensions were constructed. Today, approximately 1,500 inmates can be held in the HRYCI.
Howard R. Young Correctional Institution phone number
Call (302)-429-7700 to contact the facility directly for any inquiry.
Howard R. Young Correctional Institution address
The physical address of the correctional institution is:
1301 E. 12th St.
Wilmington, Delaware 19801
Howard R. Young Correctional Institution inmate programs
Like many facilities in the U.S, the HRYCI also offers a variety of programs to its inmates.
- Vocational Programs include certified computer training, SevSafe Certification (for safe food handling practices), C-Tech Network Wiring (for skills to work in the Network Cabling Industry), Flagger Certification (for construction or traffic employment) and Life Skills Program (covering interpersonal skills, anger management, employment skills & financial management just to name a few)
- Key Visions Program – a therapeutic community program for inmates with a history of substance abuse. The aim of this program is to alter the negative thought patterns & behavior that leads one towards using a substance and committing a crime.
- Academic Programs include ESL, GED, ABE, special education services, & James H. Groves High School Diploma.
Howard R. Young Correctional Institution visiting hours
Inmates in this facility can be visited daily from Monday to Sunday, in 1-hour blocks, between 8:30 am to 2:30 pm.
Call the facility, at least a week in advance to schedule your visiting slot. The number is 302-575-0330.
Howard R. Young Correctional Institution mail and visitation rules
You can send cards, non-Polaroid pictures, letters, money orders and written correspondence in the mail to the inmate. Mailing illegal substances, cash, tobacco, pornography, stamps, and packages are prohibited.
Howard R. Young Correctional Institution Visitation Rules:
- Always have the full name, the ID number of the inmate and your name, birth date, address and phone number at ready while calling to schedule a visiting appointment.
- Verify your visit date and time slot before hanging up. Visits are neither changed or canceled.
- Reach the premises 15 minutes before your visit slot begins.
- Up to 2 adults and 2 children can visit at a time.
- Child visitors over 14 years must carry a photo identity proof (school ID also counts, if not anything else). For kids below 14, birth certificates will do. Adults must also have a valid photo ID.
- Visitors must be clothed appropriately or else your visit will be canceled for the day. Revealing or offensive clothes are strictly prohibited.
- Money orders are not processed during visitation. It has to be sent via mail.
- Only 5$ is allowed while visiting the inmate (if you want to purchase from the vending machines).
- All visitors must pass the metal detector for security purposes.
- Exchange of any kind of property between the visitor and the inmate is not allowed.
- You are only allowed to bring in car keys and the photo id. Apart from that if you are accompanying a toddler, only 1 diaper, 2 bottles, and 2 diaper wipes are permissible.
- Conduct well during the visit.
Howard R. Young Correctional Institution inmate search
Locating an inmate who has been held in a prison facility within the U.S is easy today. Visit https://golookup.com/inmate-search for more information.