Jackie Brannon Correctional Center Profile and Valuable Information
About the facility
Jackie Brannon Correctional Institution is a minimum-security prison meant to house only male prisoners. It is located in a sprawling land of 1,506 acres in McAlester in Oklahoma. The Jackie Brannon Correctional Institution history dates back to the year 1927. The facility was initially a unit of the Oklahoma state penitentiary. It was only in 1985 that it became a separate prison facility. The prison is named after Jackie Brannon, a well-known prison officer who had served in the Oklahoma prison as deputy warden. The prison has three units and the total strength of inmates is 737. Most of the inmates are those who are convicted for non-violent offenses,
Jackie Brannon Correctional Contact Information
The Jackie Brannon Correctional Institution address is:
900 N, West Street
The Jackie Brannon Correctional Institution phone number is (918) 421-3339. The fax number is (918) 426-0004.
Mail to inmates can be sent to the following address:
P O Box 1999
McAlester, OK 74502-1999
The Jackie Brannon Correctional Institution mail and visitation rules are as follows:
- Inmates can be sent mail and there are no restrictions on the mail timings or a number of mails. The mail envelope should have the name of the prisoner, DOC number, and the address in the prison (if known).
- Every inmate can receive visitors. The visitors need to submit a visitor request form. Only after doing a background check, will be the visitor be placed on the approved list. The initial background check may take up to 8 weeks. Once placed on the list, the approval validity is three years, after which the process may have to be repeated.
- At any time, not more than five visitors can visit an inmate.
- Depending on the prison level in which the inmate is housed, there are visitation restrictions.
- http://doc.publishpath.com/Websites/doc/images/Documents/Policy/op030118.pdf contains the complete visit rules that need to be followed.
The Jackie Brannon Correctional Institution visiting hours are from 8 am to 3 pm on Saturdays, Sundays, and any other official holidays. Check-in commences at 7:45 am and closes at 1:30 pm. Inmates with even number DOC can have visitors on Saturdays and holidays, while those with odd number DOC can have visitors on Sundays and holidays.
Institution programs offered in the prison
The Jackie Brannon prison has an agricultural services division that has a milk processing center and a meat processing center where inmates can work. The Jackie Brannon Correctional Institution inmate programs are:
1) Literacy courses, pre-high school, and high school diploma courses are offered to inmates under the education program.
2) There are substance abuse programs that help inmates to give up addiction to various substances. Cognitive training is provided to help them cope up with the de-addiction.
3) The criminal behavior program includes thinking for a change and moral recognition therapy.
4) Technical training is provided to inmates. This would equip them with skills that would help them get a job once they are released from prison.
Finding an inmate in Jackie Brannon Correctional Institution
The Jackie Brannon Correctional Institution inmate locator is available on the website of the Department of Corrections. The website is https://okoffender.doc.ok.gov/. If you know the DOC number of the prisoner it is easy to find an exact match. Else, you can use name or date of birth to search and then filter through the results to find the person you are looking for.
Other than the official website, one more useful website is GoLookUp. This third party website has a database of prison inmates from various prisons in the country. https://golookup.com/inmate-search is the site of this inmate locator app.