Mountain View Correctional Institution Profile and Valuable Information
Knowing the fact that a member of the family or a friend is being incarcerated surely becomes a tough time for the people involved. At this time it becomes a challenge to know which way to turn or what to do next, especially, how to get in contact with the inmate. This comprehensive guide can help navigate the basics better.
Mountain View Correctional Institution history
The Corrections Corporation of America established the Mountain View Correctional Institution in 1998. Later, the state purchased the privately run prison from the CCA. The total capacity of this facility is 884. It only houses male offenders of custody levels ranging from minimum security to death-row.
There are 4 cell blocks in the institution campus- maximum and medium cell block, a minimum-security firehouse and Central Health Care Service Building. North Carolina’s gas chamber is also housed in the facility campus. The segregation unit can hold approx. 200 male offenders.
Mountain View Correctional Institution phone number
If you wish to inquire about an inmate in the Mountain View Correctional Institute, call +1 828-766-2555.
Mountain View Correctional Institution address
Mountain View Correctional Institution inmate programs
Some of the programs that inmates can participate in are as follows:
- Vocational training Program
- GED Program
- Pre-release Program
- Anger Management Program
- Health Awareness Program
- Cultural Awareness Program
- Environmental Conscientiousness activities
- Counseling Program for mental health and substance abuse treatment
Mountain View Correctional Institution visiting hours
Visitation for inmates in this facility is restricted to Saturdays and Sundays. However, it happens in a 4-month rotational system. The visits are scheduled according to the first letter of the offender’s last name. Here’s the list of the visiting hours for general inmates:
January to April-
A-G : Saturday, 1 PM to 3 PM
H-M : Sunday, 8 AM to 10 AM
N-Z : Sunday, 1 PM to 3 PM
May to August-
A-G : Sunday, 1 PM to 3 PM
H-M : Saturday, 1 PM to 3 PM
N-Z : Sunday, 8 AM to 10 AM
September to December
A-G : Sunday, 8 AM to 10 AM
H-M : Sunday, 1 PM to 3 PM
N-Z : Saturday, 1 PM to 3 PM
Visitation for segregation inmates can be visited from Monday to Friday between 9 AM to 3 PM, but only by appointment.
Mountain View Correctional Institution mail and visitation rules
Mails are one of the best mediums to contact an inmate but, keep the following in check while sending one:
- Only Paperback books can be sent, that too directly from the publisher (not more than 4/ mail). Newspapers and magazines is received only from the publisher as well.
- Letters, photos, children’s drawings, legal papers, clank greeting cards, stamps and calendars can be sent.
- Packages have to be strictly sent via an approved 3rd party vendor.
- The total package weight must not cross 30 pounds/ year.
- All mails must be addressed to the inmate name with their ID number on it
- Mails will be inspected before they are allowed to the inmate.
Rules for visitation purpose:
- The first step is to request the visiting application form from the inmate, which you need to fill up (single form for each visitor), and mail it back to the facility.
- Attach a copy of a valid photo ID to the form for anyone above 16 years and a copy of a birth certificate for a minor.
- Incomplete applications are denied.
- The facility leaves it to the inmates to notify you about whether the application has been approved or denied.
- Inmates are allowed to add a maximum of 18 visiting applications.
- Every 6 months an inmate can change their visitation list.
- A maximum of 3 visitors are allowed / visitation
- All visitors will be searched and have to pass through a metal detector
- Contact the inmate’s counselor if you’re traveling a long distance to meet the inmate. A special visit might be arranged for you. They are authorized every 90 days by the administrative secretary, for family purposes.
- Inmates of segregation status are allowed non-contact visits and i.e. only through appointments. These visits happen between 9 am to 3 pm from Monday to Friday and is approved by the segregation supervisor. Visitation is restricted to 1 visit/ week.
- Cell phones, camera and other electronic items, lighters and tobacco products are prohibited
- Revealing clothes and those with offensive language and signs are strictly prohibited
- Outwears that cover the face, like hats, bandannas etc are not allowed. Religious reasons being an exception.
- Shoes must be worn at all times
Mountain View Correctional Institution inmate locator
The GoLookUp directory (https://golookup.com/inmate-search) has made it easy to conduct an inmate search. It offers a database filled with information about state prison inmates with the U.S.