Mule Creek State Prison
Operational since 1987, Mule Creek State Prison is a male-only state prison, used for housing inmates of various classes, from minimum security to prisoners on the death penalty. The Mule Creek State Prison contains a Sensitive Needs Yard for gang dropouts, sex offenders, informants, and former law enforcement officers.
Mule Creek State Prison Contact Information
+1 (209) 274- 4911
Mule Creek State Prison Address
Ione, 4001 Highway 104, CA 95640.
Mule Creek State Prison Mailing Information
General Mailing Address: Mule Creek State Prison, Ione, PO Box 409099, CA 95640
Inmate Mailing Address:
- Yard A: Ione, CA 95640- 9020, PO Box 409020
- Yard B: Ione, CA 95640- 9040, PO Box 409040
- Yard C: Ione, CA 95640- 9060, PO Box 409060
- Minimum Support: Ione, CA 95640- 9000, PO Box 409000
Be sure to add the name and the ID of the inmate on top of the envelope.
Mule Creek State Prison Inmates
As of 2018, the present population of Mule Creek State Prison is 4,149 inmates. However, its maximum capacity is 3,284 inmates. This means that currently, Mule Creek State Prison is overreaching its capacity by over 126%.
Mule Creek State Prison Visitation Hours
In Mule Creek State Prison, visits are conducted on a rotational basis, due to the large number of inmates housed on the campus. The visiting days are usually the weekends, that is Saturday and Sunday, and the four calendar holidays, including New Year's Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. The visiting hours vary from one yard to another but usually begin between 7:30 am to 8:00 am, and end between 2:30 pm and 3:00 pm.
Joe A. Lizarraga has been the warden of Mule Creek State Prison since 2013, after being chief deputy warden of the Mule Creek State Prison from 2011 to 2013. Lizarraga has held multiple positions in various state prisons, from an officer and correctional sergeant in his early years, to associate warden and correctional captain in his senior years.
The Mule Creek State Prison has a staff of 1,242 people, complete with an operating budget of $157 million annually. This amount of staff is necessary, especially when considering the high number of inmates and the gravity of their crimes. The staff mainly consists of correctional officers and security guards.
The Mule Creek State Prison institutional programs are designed to help inmates secure a job for themselves after being released. They include the following:
- Therapy through drama.
- Training of service dogs to be used in the police force.
- Basic worker jobs and training in clerical level services.
- Training in central services, including plumbing, working as an electrician, repairing auto parts of various vehicles and machinery.
These programs are designed to help an inmate complete a basic level of study, before training them in a particular vocation. These include:
- Study of Shakespeare
- Programming classes and Technical School Education
- High School Diploma
- General Education Diploma
There are other miscellaneous programs, designed to help inmates who need it the most. These include:
- Self Reflection Classes.
- Skill Building Exercises.
- Conflict resolution programs through group and individual participation.
How to Find an Inmate in Mule Creek State Prison?Locating an inmate can be done in several ways:
1. One can use the online resources provided by the CDCR Inmate Locator. Or for those who prefer an offline method, the Identification Unit can be reached at (916) 445- 6713. For both these instances, knowledge of the full name and date of birth of the prisoner is essential. The identification unit will only be able to provide information relating to the current location of the inmate, and their identification number.
2. You can also perform a Mule Creek State Prison Inmate Search online with search directories like GoLookUp. Simply enter the name of the inmate that you are looking for and GoLookUp will perform a deep public records search, which will grant you unlimited access to background checks, criminal records and court records. This will also allow you to find out if the inmate you are interested in is currently held at the Mule Creek State Prison.
Because this information is sensitive, we ask all our users and members to read our terms and conditions, and abide by the FCRA laws and guidelines. Before signing up to GoLookUp inmate search services, make sure you read our terms and conditions! Customer service is also available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.