Muncy State Prison Information
Muncy State Prison was formerly known as the Industrial School for Women. It is essentially a "diagnostic and classification" center only for women who enter the state prison system. The Muncy State Prison is a close-security facility, designed for women of various levels of a felony, from minimum-security inmates to prisoners on the death row.
The prison system houses a Restricted Housing Unit, which is mainly for women who have administrative and disciplinary issues, in addition to those women who have been sentenced to the death penalty.
Muncy State Prison Contact Information
(570) - 546 -3171
Number of Inmates
The Muncy State Prison has a maximum capacity of 1450 inmates. However, as of 2018, there have been a total of reported 1464 inmates residing in the prison. This means that the Muncy State Prison has been operated at a maximum capacity of 101%. In addition to this, there are over 150 inmates on the death row penalty, which will no doubt bring the prison back under its maximum capacity in the near future.
Muncy State Prison Address
6454 State Route 405, Muncy, PA 17756
General Mailing Address: Route 405, Muncy, PA 17756, P.O. Box 180
Inmate Mailing Address: SCI Muncy, Muncy, PA 17756, PO Box 180
Be sure to add the name of the inmate and their Inmate Number clearly.
Muncy State Prison Visitation Hours
Muncy State Prison does not have mandated visiting hours; rather, it has the option of virtual visitation through video conferences. This is especially helpful for the inmates who have little children at home, as it helps the children have direct one- on- one interaction with their mothers without coming to the prison campus. In addition to this, visits can be scheduled at a time which is best suited for the family of the inmate. However, administrative and disciplinary custody inmates are not allowed virtual visits.
Muncy State Prison Phone
(570) - 546 -3171
Muncy State Prison Warden Information
The current warden or superintendent of Muncy State Prison is Wendy Nicholas, who had taken over the helm from Robert Smith in 2016.
Muncy State Prison Management Information
There are currently 562 full-time staff members working at Muncy State Prison, in varying degrees and positions. These include prison guards, security guards, jailers, canteen staff including cooks and janitors, and medical staff including doctors and nurses.
Muncy State Prison Institutional Programs
- Learning how to trade
- Business education and hands- on experiences.
- Operating various kinds of computer technology and software.
- Maintenance programs
- Working in a machine shop and learning how to operate small and automotive machines.
- Working in a horticulture garden.
- Learning cosmetology.
- Various kinds of apprentice programs, including fixing and repairing various electronic equipment, painting of a house, plumbing and welding.
Muncy State Prison Academic Programs
- General Education Diploma
- High School Diploma
- Pre-vocational skills classes
- Dealing with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Treatment programs for sex offenders of varying degrees
- Special needs sex offender booster programs
- "Reading to Your Children" workshops and programs
- Various re- entry-level workshops
- Creative Writing Workshops
- Workshops on poetry and creativity
- Workshops on eating disorders and how to conquer them.
- Sessions on dealing with friends and family
- Healthy Living and dealing with Mental Health issues.
- "Canine Partners for Life", a dog training program in order to ensure that they are ready for adoption.
How to Find an Inmate in Muncy State Prison
The easiest way to find an inmate online in Muncy State Prison is through the Department Of Corrections Inmate Locator. It helps the requester understand which housing unit an inmate is located in, their date of birth, race, and other personal information. The Inmate Locator is updated on a daily basis, thus ensuring that the information is accurate.