New Lisbon Correctional Institution Profile and Valuable Information
Is your friend or family member an inmate of the New Lisbon Correctional Institution? You must then, be aware of the basic details, procedures, and rules of this U.S prison facility. Here’s a comprehensive guide laid out for you.
New Lisbon Correctional Institution history
The construction of NLCI was completed in 2002 and the facility opened in 2004. Owned by the Wisconsin Department of Corrections, this medium-security state prison (located in Juneau County) is for adult male inmates only. The correctional institution started operating with a capacity of 950 inmates, but currently, it holds around 1,016 inmates.
New Lisbon Correctional Institution phone number
For any query, call (608)-562-6400.
New Lisbon Correctional Institution address
The address to the institution is 2000 Progress Road, New Lisbon, WI 53950 (PO Box- 4000)
New Lisbon Correctional Institution inmate programs
Some of the programs that are available for the inmates here are as follows:
- ABE (Adult Basic Education) Programs include GED & HSED
- Vocational Programs include horticulture, computer literacy & help desk, custodial services, welding, braille transcription, commercial bakery, industrial maintenance mechanics, machine tools operation and printing among many.
- Activities like dog training, religious studies, recovery support groups, gardening, parenting, community service, etc.
New Lisbon Correctional Institution visiting hours
The visiting hours for the inmates of this facility are as follows:
- The maximum visiting time is 3 hours from Tuesday-Friday between 2:15 pm to 8:45 pm (last entry time- 7:45 pm).
- The maximum visiting time is 2 hours from Saturday-Sunday & on holidays between 8 am to 3:45 pm (last entry time- 2:45 pm).
Visits on Mondays aren’t allowed unless it falls in the holiday list which includes New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Christmas Eve, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and Martin Luther King Day. Also, holiday visits are not included in the weekly of 3 visits/week.
New Lisbon Correctional Institution mail and visitation rules
While sending mail to an inmate keep the following in mind:
- Label all packages or envelopes with the facility address mentioned above, a return address, the inmate’s full name & DOC number.
- Property items have to be received from approved vendor catalogs.
- Magazines, books (paperback) or newspapers can only be received on subscription mode directly from the publisher like amazon.com.
- All mails are first opened and inspected by the facility staff before reaching the inmates.
General Visitation Rules:
- Only visitors on the approved list will be allowed into the facility. Ask the inmate for the application form and submit the same to the facility.
- Vehicles must be secured, or else your visit can be terminated.
- The visitors' hands will be stamped which will be checked by the staff while entering and leaving the visiting room.
- Visitors above the age of 18 must provide a valid photo ID proof and for minors, birth certificates will do.
- All visitors have to pass through a metal detector (medical exceptions kept aside, after submitting a complete copy of DOC- 2424). Thus, avoid wearing excessive jewelry or metal attached clothing.
- Clothing should be in sync with a ‘family atmosphere’ i.e. reveling or translucent clothing is prohibited.
- Watches, electronic devices of any kind, tobacco products, and ignition devices are prohibited on state property.
- Weapons and drugs are also not allowed.
- Per visitor 20$ (in change) is allowed for using the vending machines.
- Inmates are prohibited from handling any money or the vending machine. They can only make the selection and the visitors can make the purchase. (Money orders, however, can be sent by mail)
New Lisbon Correctional Institution inmate locator
It is easy to locate an inmate who has been held at a state prison within the United States. Simply visit, https://golookup.com/inmate-search.