Orleans Correctional Facility Profile and Valuable Information
Situated in Albion, New York, the Orleans Correctional Facility is designed for male offenders. It is a medium-security state prison and is located next to the Albion Correctional Facility for women.
Orleans Correctional Facility New York History
Opened in 1984, the Orleans Correctional Facility has been in operation for over 35 years. It spans an area of 45 acres and was built to house 542 inmates. After multiple rounds of renovations, the facility now has a capacity of 1,082. It was one of the first state prisons in New York to be accredited by the American Correctional Association. It received the accreditation for the first time in 1987, which is renewed every three years.
Orleans Correctional Facility New York Phone Number
You can contact the Orleans Correctional Facility at (585) 589-6820
Orleans Correctional Facility New York Address
The Orleans Correctional Facility
3531 Gaines Basin Road,
The Orleans Correctional Facility runs various programs to help rehabilitate inmates and re-integrate them into society. Some of the services and programs provided include:
- Anger management programs.
- Alcohol and substance abuse treatment programs.
- Counseling to help inmates make better choices and to contribute to their overall development.
- Educational programs such as basic education for adults, college studies, and more.
- Ministerial or religious services such as prayer service and religious education. They are provided by Department Chaplains and volunteers.
- Temporary release programs to help inmates with a two-year release date through initiatives such as furlough, work or education release, training leave, etc.
- Transitional service programs to prepare inmates for societal integration post-release. It is conducted in phases.
- Veterans programs to help veterans obtain a copy of their discharge papers, and to navigate the Veterans Administration for treatment, training, and employment-related matters.
- Vocational programs to train inmates in trades such as carpentry, custodial maintenance, electrical works, etc.
Orleans Correctional Facility New York Visiting Hours
General Visiting Hours
You can visit on weekends and holidays between 8:00 am to 3:15 pm. You should arrive at the facility no later than 2:00 pm for your visit to be processed.
Special Visiting Hours
If you are visiting inmates in Special Housing Units (SHU), then make sure to adhere to the following visiting hours:
- SHU: Weekends and holidays between 8:30 am to 3:00 pm with a 2:00 pm cut-off.
- SHU200: Only Saturdays between 5:00 pm and 9:00 pm with an 8:00 pm cut-off.
- Progressive Inmate Movement System (PIMS) Level 3: Sunday between 5:00 pm and 9:00 pm if preceded by a visit on Saturday.
Orleans Correctional Facility New York Mail and Visitation Rules
You can send mail to inmates in the Orleans Correctional Facility, New York, by addressing it to the inmate by name and identification number. The mail will be opened, read, and checked for prohibited substances. Legal correspondences will be opened in the presence of the inmate but will not be read. Printed and photocopied materials can also be sent but they must not exceed five pages. Subject to restrictions, care packages including food and non-food packages, books, and photographs are also allowed.
Barring SHU inmates who are permitted only one visit (not including legal visits) per week, there is no limit on the number of times you can visit during visiting hours. At any given time, there can be a maximum of seven visitors with three visitors aged four and above, and three visitors under the age of three.
Orleans Correctional Facility, New York Inmate Locator
You can search for information on an inmate on GoLookUp. Using their Inmate Search functionality, you can pull up an inmate’s arrest records and their contact information.
You can also lookup an inmate on the Department of Corrections and Community Supervision’s website.