Staton Correctional Facility Profile and Valuable Information
Staton Correctional Facility history
The Staton Correctional Facility is a state-owned, medium level Correctional Facility located in Alabama. It is one of the biggest correctional facilities of the state, housing 1350 inmates at a given time. The facility, being a medium level facility has a low count of violent incidents and provides a host of educational and vocational training programs for the inmates.
Staton Correctional Facility phone number
Staton Correctional Facility address
Staton Correctional Facility
2690 Marion Spillway Road
The Staton Correctional Facility provides inmates with a host of education, vocational and counseling options for rehabilitation of the inmates.
Some of the educational programs for the inmates include:
- General Education Development (GED)
- Adult Basic Education (ABE)
- College Level Classes in fields of choice.
Some of the vocational training provided include:
- Mechanical Training
- Painting Training
- HVAC Repairing
Apart from vocational training, the facility provides farming, horticulture and other such plans tending related courses for the inmates. The Facilities also provide counseling sessions for inmates struggling with alcohol and substance abuse related issues. All these programs are included with the idea of improving the lives of the inmates and allow them better scopes for re-assimilation into society.
Staton Correctional Facility visiting hours
The Staton Correctional Facility has a rotating system for the inmates to meet with visitors, In order to meet inmates, visitors are requested to call up the facility prior to arriving and note the time and schedule for the inmate for that day. The visiting hours are divided into 3 slots. Weekend and holidays have 2 slots for visit and weekdays have 3 slots.
Saturday and Sunday, Slot 1 is set for: 8 AM - 11 AM and Slot 2 is set for 12 PM - 3 PM.
The weekday's Slots are set for: Slot 1: 8 AM - 11 AM, Slot 2: 12 PM - 3 PM and Slot 3: 6 PM - 9 PM.
Staton Correctional Facility mail and visitation rules
The Staton Correctional Facility has strict visiting rules for anybody opting to visit the premises to meet with inmates. Visitors are advised to call up the facility prior to arrival and confirm any further clarification of the rules to avoid any confusion. Some of the visiting rules for Staton Correctional Facility includes:
- No Personal Belongings allowed the premises, such as Wallets, Phones, Keys, etc.
- Visitors under the age of 18 years need to accompanied by an adult, a parent or a guardian.
- The Personal details of the visitors are collected by the authorities for record purposes. Details such as Name, DOB, Social Security number, relationship with the inmate, etc.
- Visitors who are under parole, judicial probation are not allowed to visit the facility. In case of urgency, special permission needs to be taken from the Officer-In-Charge.
- Visitors are requested to fill up a visitation form, with details of other accompanying members. Families are allowed to have up to 8 members of the family at one time while visiting.
For visitors looking to mail letters or messages to the inmates, they need to address their letters to the below-provided facility address along with the Inmate name and ID number. All kinds of mails are scrutinized by the prison facilities before forwarding them to the inmates to avoid any form of illegal and other contraband items for being smuggled in.
Inmate Name, ID Number
Staton Correctional Facility
P.O. Box 56
Elmore, AL 36025
Staton Correctional Facility inmate locator
For friends and family, looking for information on inmates, may visit the GoLookup website and get accurate and updated details regarding any inmate: https://golookup.com/inmate-search