Get in the Game: Newlywed Game Questions for Every Couple!
The newlywed games are a fun way of getting to know your partner and growing your intimacy bond. The newlywed game makes it easier to know certain details and life facts about your partner that might have taken you many years to discover. A developing relationship according to the experts is escalating, sustained, reciprocal, and personal self-disclosure. That means the more you know your partner they more intimate and lasting relationship you will have.
Generally, the newlywed games are played at the wedding receptions and the questions are arranged by the best man or the bridesmaid. Sometimes at some classic bachelor parties, these games are also played where it keeps the wedding party entertained and excited throughout the evening. But this game can also be played between couples who want to grow closer to each other. This is a sure-shot way of increasing the closeness in the relationship, and you will have a lot of fun doing it.
If you have seen the newlywed game on TV then you know that there is a host who asks the questions, then tells the bride and the groom if the answers are correct or not. As a couple playing on your own you can note down the questions first. Or print out two copies of the following set of questions. Then one person can read the questions out loud, then both of you can write the correct answer or say your answer out loud. Then just for fun, you can set some penalty tasks for each wrong answer. For instance for the partner that gives a wrong answer, he or she has to take a bite of raw chilly or has to do 5 squats. It can be anything fun that you can come up with. You can plan a lot of things but spontaneity is part of the fun of newlywed games.
Favorite newlywed questions
- Where was your first date?
- What colored dress did you wear on your first date?
- Who is your partner’s childhood crush?
- What did you eat on your first date?
- Who first said ‘ I love you’?
- Who does most of the household chores?
- Who is always sorry?
- Who is a better cook?
- Who will be better with kids?
- Who will be sent to kill a cockroach?
- Who is a better driver?
- Who is a party animal?
- Who can drink more tequila?
- What is their star sign?
- What was the name of their high school?
- Who will get the last slice of the pizza?
- What is your partner’s best habit?
- What is their worst and irritating habit?
- What endearment do they call you by?
- What is their lingerie size?
- What is his or her favorite pizza topping?
- Who starts crying after watching a movie?
- What is their favorite snack?
- What is their favorite book and the favorite movie?
- What is your partner’s ideal date?
- Who is their best friend?
- What was their first pet’s name?
- How many exes do they have?
- What is their favorite place to eat?
- What is their karaoke song?
These questions will help you know your partner better. When people are in love they know the smallest details about each other. All of these small details about each person is unique to that particular individual. Once you show the effort to know them and remember, it shows that you care about one another. This is a fun game and exercise to make your relationship stronger and more intimate.