What are the best Health Insurance Options in Wisconsin?
Why invest in health insurance?
Diseases can come without warning. While a fever, a cold or even a minor sprain can be treated at home with over the counter medication; larger issues like strokes, heart attacks or major accident-related injuries require medical assistance. Treatments at hospitals and medical institutions are very expensive, and without any health insurance coverage, medical bankruptcy can become a real problem.
For people that do not have health insurance coverage from their place of employment, private or government insurance plans are viable options. Having your medical expenses covered protects your bank account during distressing times, provides you with support and takes care of your finances during emergencies.
What are you looking for?
Before you invest in a health insurance plan, you need to assess what your specific requirements are and locate plans that best cover your requirements. Individual health insurance coverage offers different benefits compared to family packages. Similarly, you can find health insurance plans covering chronic illnesses like cancer, accident insurance, dental insurance and much more.
Some health insurance companies also offer basic plans that provide coverage against everything from routine checkups to emergency services, optical and dental coverage among other benefits.
Which plans should you consider investing in?
Residents of the State of Wisconsin can choose between plans sponsored by the government as well as privately owned companies providing health insurance.
- Wisconsin Common Ground CO-OP: One of the four CO-OP’s out of an original twenty-three that is still operational in the United States, eligible residents can opt for medical coverage under this plan. Developed under the Affordable Care Act’s ‘Consumer Operated and Oriented Plan,’ this option also saw a decrease in premiums for the year 2019, making it much more attractive as an option. You can find this plan at https://www.cms.gov/CCIIO/Programs-and-Initiatives/Insurance-Programs/Consumer-Operated-and-Oriented-Plan-Program.html
- Children Health Insurance Program (CHIP): Eligible children can gain health insurance coverage through this plan. Provided through BadgerCare Plus, the Children’s Community Health Plan (CCHP) is a Health Maintenance Organization under the Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin. Offering coverage for families who are not eligible under Medicaid but cannot afford private health insurance, this option provides children and their families with one less thing to worry about. You can find them at https://www.benefits.gov/benefit/1616
- United Health Care: An organization that provides access to various kinds of coverage, you can opt for plans that meet your specific requirements. Here, you can choose plans specific to emergency services, dental care, hospital indemnity, life insurance, critical illnesses, vision care, dental care, hospital, and doctor fixed indemnity as well as short term insurance plans. You can find them at https://www.uhone.com/insurance/plans-by-state/wisconsin
- Humana Health Insurance: One of the largest health insurance providers in the country, Humana offers affordable health insurance plans to people across the country. With a network of over 400,000 medical professionals and institutions, this organization offers trust, guidance, and access to quality medical care. While they primarily offer plans for groups and large organizations, their health plans include coverage for services such as dental, term life as well as Medicare Supplement. You can find them at https://www.humana.com/
- WPS Health Insurance: The Wisconsin Public Service Health Insurance is one of the largest providers of coverage related to health care in the State. They offer guidance to individuals and families so that you can select the right health insurance plan that covers your needs. The only non-profit insurer in Wisconsin, here you can find flexible as well as budget friendly coverage for yourself and your loved ones. Find them at https://wpshealth.com/
- Gov: The best solution if you are looking for a federal provider of health insurance, this option falls under the Affordable Care Act. The application period for 2019 is over, but you can look forward to applying for coverage next year between November and December 2019. You can find them at www.healthcare.gov
Say goodbye to stress related to medical expenses with proper coverage. With your finances in order, you can devote your full attention to rest, recovery and relaxation.