Joshua Reaves Celebrity Life
Joshua Reaves is an American Pro Basketball player who is an Espn four-star recruit and is ranked 74th in the nation. He is part of Dallas Mavericks which is a part of the National Basketball Association(NBA). He was born and brought up in Fairfax, Virginia on June 4, 1997, and he along with an older brother was raised by his mother Liset Reaves.
Early Life and High School
From a very young age, Reaves showed potential when playing basketball. He attended Paul VI Catholic High School and he had a very keen interest in basketball and occasionally played soccer. He and was soon made the captain of the Junior basketball team.
His average was 12.6 points per game and was soon recognized as All-Washington Metro Area as the Panthers. They also won the Washington Catholic Athlete Conference.
Reaves soon transferred to Oak Hill Academy just before his Freshman year. He was ranked as the 74th best recruit in the whole nation and also second in state by famous sports channel ESPN. Reaves's commitment to play basketball at Penn State was tremendous so he rejected offers from various other prominent basketball teams which includes Temple, Villanova, and Georgetown. He was made Oak Hill's Captain for his exceptional performance and leadership capabilities and his team had a score of 47-1 and on top of that, they ranked 7th in the nation.
Reaves was part of Penn State Nittany Lions and played four seasons as a member. As a freshman, his achievements include:
- Played 20 games of freshman season and then saw work in 26.
- Average of 6.5 points per game
- Posted career-high 13 points and seven total rebounds in a double-overtime triumph over Illinois (3/6), turning on five field goals with a wonderful performance.
- Averaged 9.2 points, 5.8 rebounds and 2.6 assists over the closing five non-conference games
- Knocked down his initial career 3 pointers to victoriously win over Eastern Michigan.
While he was in sophomore years, some of his achievements include:
- First ranking in Big ten and 16th Nationally when it came to steals per game with an impressive score of 2.14.
- In only six games he had two figure scores which led his career total to an impressive 12 in only two seasons.
- Career-best four three-pointers at Pardue.
- Had a critical impact on triumph over Michigan State with seven points.
- 59 assists in 2016-2017 and effectively ranking third in the overall team's performance.
- Led the team scoring three times, topping the 20 point mark twice in a row.
Reaves averaged about 10.6 points and five rebounds per single game when leading the top ten in rankings and a game with 2.14 steals, which is held 16th best in the entire nation during that time.
During his Junior Season, Reaves had an average of about 10.6 points and was recognized in the Big top ten all-defensive teams with redshirt sophomore Mike Watkins considering the initial time in Penn State History that it had two All-Defensive Honorees in the very same period. He came 7th on the PSU career steal lists with 170 and with 74, for the seventh on the Nittany Lion single-season chart sheet.
As a Junior, his accomplishments were:
- Scored all eight points vs Michigan in the second half and had seven rebounds for the game, with excellent performance.
- Posted double figures against Fairleigh Dickinson including four assists, four steals beside game-high nine rebounds.
- Assisted Leader against Wisconsin and had seven points and four blocks facing the Badgers.
- Drives the Big ten in total steals and steals per game average.
- One of the five Nittany lions who scored double figures vs George Washington.
- Ranked second in Team with 107 assists.
Reaves was not selected during 2019 NBA Draft and he was assigned as part of Dallas Mavericks Summer League full roster. He signed a two-contract with the mavericks on July 29, 2019.
Reaves's NBA debut was on January 2, 2020, playing opposite the well known Brooklyn Nets.
Background Check Joshua Reaves with GoLookUp!