Access: Mugshots and Arrest Records for State of Delaware!
Criminal Records, Background Checks, Court Records, Police Records & More!
First Name Brett J
Last Name Norris
Arrest Record Statistics for Delaware
The crime rate in Delaware in 2018 was lower compared to the past 17 years, and there has been a decrease in both violent crime rates and property crime rates in the State. The overall crime rate in Delaware in 2016 was higher compared to the national average, and it is expected to be lower in 2019. The violent crime rate in Delaware for the year 2016 was 28.13% higher compared to the national average, and the property crime rate in Colorado for 2016 was 12.86 compared to the national average.
The crime rates in Delaware for 2017 are as follows:
- Violent crimes – 453 crimes per every 100,000 residents (a total of 4,361 crimes)
- Property crimes – 2,441 crimes per every 100,000 residents (a total of 23,477 crimes)
- Total crimes – 2,864 crimes per every 100,000 residents (a total of 27,838 crimes)
The incarceration rate in Delaware are as follows:
- Adult incarceration and supervision rate – 2,980 people per every 100,000 adults (a total of 22,400 adults under legal supervision)
- The rate of people on parole and probation – 2,100 people per every 100,000 adults (a total of 15,800 adults under legal supervision)
- People in jail or in prison – 880 people per every 100,000 adults (a total of 6,600 adults under legal supervision)
Most Committed Crimes People Get Arrested for in Delaware
The state of Delaware has the 16th highest overall crime rate in the country; the violent crime rate in Delaware is 453 crimes per 100,000 people, and the property crime rate in Delaware is 2,441 crimes per every 100,000 residents. The most committed crimes people get arrested for in Delaware and the rate of this crimes in the state are as follows:
- Larceny theft - 19,791 crimes per year at a rate of 2,078.7 crimes for every 100,000 people in the state
- Burglary - 5,023 crimes per year at a rate of 527.6 crimes for every 100,000 people in the state
- Aggravated assault - 3,121 crimes per year at a rate of 327.8 crimes for every 100,000 people in the state
- Vehicle theft - 1,520 crimes per year at a rate of 159.7 crimes for every 100,000 people in the state
- Robbery - 1,359 crimes per year at a rate of 142.7 crimes for every 100,000 people in the state
The chances of falling victim to a violent crime in Delaware is 1 in 221, and the chances of falling victim to a property crime in the state of Delaware is 1 in 41.
Delaware Jail and Crime Statistics
Both the violent crime rate in Delaware and the property crime rate in Delaware were higher than the national average for the past several years. However, there has been a decline in the state's overall crime rate, and the Delaware crime rates are expected to be lower in 2019 compared to previous years. The crime rate and the number of crimes in the state of Delaware are as follows:
- Violent crime rate in Delaware - 423.6 crimes per every 100,000 people (a total of 4,097 violent crimes)
- Property crime rate in Delaware – 2,324.4 crimes per every 100,000 people (a total of 22,481 property crimes)
- Chances of falling victim to a violent crime in Delaware – 1 in 221
- Chances of falling victim to a property crime in Delaware – 1 in 41
- The most common violent crime in Delaware is aggravated assault with a reported 2,845 cases as of 2018
- The most common property crime in Delaware is larceny-theft with a reported 17,847 cases as of 2018
As of 2018, there are 22,000 people who are in the Delaware justice system. Those people are under legal supervision or incarcerated as follows:
- 6,400 people in state prisons
- 470 people in federal prisons
- 160 people in youth incarceration facilities
- 30 people in involuntary commitment facilities
- 15,000 people under probation
- 370 people out on parole
- #1 Man/del Control Substances
- #1 Manufacture, Dist, Dispense
- Viol Prob Felony Offense
- Immigration Detainer
- Failure To Appear
- Probation Violation Or Revocation
- Possession Of Controlled Substance
- Driving Under The Influence
- #1 Possessing Drug Abuse Instrument - Obtain, Use
- #1 Driving While Intoxicated 2Nd
- #1 Dwi: 1St Offense
- #1 Failure To Appear - Theft By Receiving Stolen Property
- #1 Driving W/lic Inv W/prev Conv/susp/w/o Fin Res
- #1 Drive While Lic Susp 3Rd Or Subsq Off
- #1 Poss Cs Pg 2
- #1 Contempt Of Court-Contempt Of Court - Fail To Appear Capias
- #1 Prin-Residence Burglary
- #1 Oper Mtr Vehicle U/influence Alc/drugs/etc. .08 - 1St Off
Questions and Answers for Delaware Mugshot Search
How are Many have a Mugshots Record in Delaware?
In Delaware about 1 out of every 5 people has an arrest record with a mugshot image.
Are Mugshots Public Records in Delaware?
Yes. In Delaware Mugshots are Public Records and Available to the Public
How Long Does an Arrest and Mugshot Record Stay on My Record?
Public Mugshot Records in Delaware Stay on a Person’s Record Forever. Unless the Record was Expunged by Court Order.
How Can I view My Mugshot Online?
GoLookUp lets you access Mugshots in Delaware. Just fill in your first and last name and view your mugshot.