Access: Mugshots and Arrest Records for State of Iowa!
Criminal Records, Background Checks, Court Records, Police Records & More!
First Name Andrew
Last Name Creel
Arrest Record Statistics for Iowa
According to the Iowa Department of Corrections, the state is one of two states to have an increase in all 4 categories of violent crimes; in 2016, there was a significant rise in the violent crime rate in Iowa for rape, aggravated assault, robbery, and homicide. That year, the violent crime rate in Iowa was 26.81% higher than the national average and the property crime rate in the state was 14.88% higher than the national average.
The crime rates in Iowa (violent crimes, property crimes, and total crimes) are as follows:
- Violent crimes – 293 crimes per every 100,000 residents (a total of 9,230 crimes)
- Property crimes – 2,125 crimes per every 100,000 residents (a total of 66,855 crimes)
- Total crimes – 2,419 crimes per every 100,000 residents (a total of 76,085 crimes)
The incarceration rate in Iowa are as follows:
- Adult incarceration and supervision rate – 1,940 people per every 100,000 adults (a total of 46,700 adults under legal supervision)
- The rate of people on parole and probation – 1,460 people per every 100,000 adults (a total of 35,100 adults under legal supervision)
- People in jail or in prison – 560 people per every 100,000 adults (a total of 13,400 adults under legal supervision)
Most Committed Crimes People Get Arrested for in Iowa
The crime rate in the state of Iowa is relatively low compared to the national average; in 2016, the violent crime rate in Iowa was 26.81% lower than the national average, and the property crime rate in Iowa was 14.88% lower than the national average. The imprisonment rate in Iowa is the 14 lowest in the country with 560 adults per every 100,000 people. The most committed crimes people get arrested for in Iowa and the rate of this crimes in the state are as follows:
- Larceny theft - 45,378 crimes per year at a rate of 1,447.6 crimes for every 100,000 people in the state
- Burglary - 15,030 crimes per year at a rate of 479.5 crimes for every 100,000 people in the state
- Aggravated assault - 6,644 crimes per year at a rate of 212.0 crimes for every 100,000 people in the state
- Vehicle theft - 4,983 crimes per year at a rate of 159.0 crimes for every 100,000 people in the state
- Robbery – 1,148 crimes per year at a rate of 36.6 crimes for every 100,000 people in the state
The chances of falling victim to a violent crime in Iowa is 1 in 341, and the chances of falling victim to a property crime in the state of Iowa is 1 in 47.
Iowa Jail and Crime Statistics
The violent crime rate in Iowa as well as the property crime in Iowa have been on a downward trend, and it is expected to remain like this in the following years. As of 2019, the 10 most dangerous cities in Iowa are Keokuk, Clinton, Davenport, Burlington, Des Moines, Ottumwa, Fort Dodge, Red Oak, Fort Madison, and Centerville.
The crime rate and the number of crimes in the state of Iowa are as follows:
- Violent crime rate in Illinois - 250.1 crimes per every 100,000 people (a total of 7,893 violent crimes)
- Property crime rate in Illinois – 1,691.5 crimes per every 100,000 people (a total of 53,385 property crimes)
- Chances of falling victim to a violent crime in Iowa – 1 in 341
- Chances of falling victim to a property crime in Iowa – 1 in 47
- The most common violent crime in Iowa is aggravated assault with a reported 5,931 cases as of 2018
- The most common property crime in Iowa is larceny-theft with a reported 11,127 cases as of 2018
As of 2018, there are 53,000 people who are in the Iowa justice system. Those people are under legal supervision or incarcerated as follows:
- 9,000 people in state prisons
- 4,300 people in local jails
- 3,700 people in federal prisons
- 680 people in youth incarceration facilities
- 140 people in involuntary commitment facilities
- 29,000 people under probation
- 5,800 people out on parole
- Burglary Unoccupied Conveyance Unarmed
- Obstruct Law Enforce Off
- Poss Cont Sub 1St Deg, 1St Off (Methamphetamine)
- Possession Of A Controlled Substance
- Fraudulent Procurement Of Employment Benefits
- #1 Possession Of Controlled Substance (Drug91
- #1 Hold For Other County
- #1 Assault, 4Th Degree (Domestic Violence) Minor Injury
- #1 Endanger Welfare Of Minor
- #1 Controlled Substance Violations - Unknown
- #1 Vgcsa-Possession With Intent To Dist Schedule I-Ii
- #1 Driving Under The Influence
- #1 Juvenile Probation Violation/ Informal Adjustment Violation
- #1 Out Of County Warrant (Admin021)
Perform a Mugshot Lookup in Under 60 Seconds!
Biggest Ponzi Schemes of All Times
Ponzi schemes have been around for a long time, yet they still manage to dupe people of their money till today. After all, the prospect of making such a huge amount of money as returns on investment in a short period of time is appealing to everyone, from the poor to the biggest Hollywood stars.
10 Greatest Ghost Stories Ever!
It doesn’t matter whether or not you believe in the existence of ghosts and supernatural beings, you will likely freak out if you read or watch these famous ghost stories, especially if you’re alone!