Access: Mugshots and Arrest Records for State of Michigan!
Criminal Records, Background Checks, Court Records, Police Records & More!
First Name Savannah M
Last Name Zavala-Miranda
Arrest Record Statistics for Michigan
According to data analysis of 220 Michigan cities and communities, the top 10 most dangerous cities in the state are Muskegon Heights, Detroit, Benton Township, Benton Harbor, Kalamazoo, Flint Township, Jackson, Highland Park, Albion, Ecorse. The crime rates in Michigan demonstrate a mixed trend; in 2016, the violent crime rate in Michigan was 15.6% higher than the national average, and the property crime rate in Michigan was 22.07% lower than the national average.
The crime rates in Michigan (violent crimes, property crimes, and total crimes) are as follows:
- Violent crimes – 450 crimes per every 100,000 residents (a total of 44,826 crimes)
- Property crimes – 1,800 crimes per every 100,000 residents (a total of 179,318 crimes)
- Total crimes – 2,250 crimes per every 100,000 residents (a total of 224,144 crimes)
The incarceration rate in Michigan are as follows:
- Prison incarceration rate – 445 inmates per every 100,000 residents
- Jail incarceration rate – 155 inmates per every 100,000 residents
In 2018, the number of people behind bars in Michigan reached 64,000 inmates; 40,000 were held in state prisons, 17,000 inmates were held in jails, 5,600 inmates were held in federal prisons, 1,600 inmates were held in youth detention centers, 10 inmates were held in involuntary commitment facilities, and 10 inmates were held in Indian country facilities.
Most Committed Crimes People Get Arrested for in Michigan
The imprisonment rate in the state of Michigan is the 23rd lowest in the country; the imprisonment rate in the state is 730 adults per every 100,000 people. However, the murder rate in Michigan is the 11th highest in the country, with 569 murders in the year 2017. The most committed crimes people get arrested for in Michigan and the rate of this crimes in the state are as follows:
- Larceny theft - 129,876 crimes per year at a rate of 1,308.1 crimes for every 100,000 people in the state
- Burglary - 39,568 crimes per year at a rate of 398.5 crimes for every 100,000 people in the state
- Aggravated assault – 30,729 crimes per year at a rate of 309.5 crimes for every 100,000 people in the state
- Vehicle theft – 20,176 crimes per year at a rate of 203.2 crimes for every 100,000 people in the state
- Robbery – 7,120 crimes per year at a rate of 71.7 crimes for every 100,000 people in the state
The chances of falling victim to a violent crime in Michigan is 1 in 222, and the chances of falling victim to a property crime in the state of Michigan is 1 in 56.
Michigan Jail and Crime Statistics
The property crime rate in Michigan and the violent crime rate in Michigan have been higher than the national average for several years, and this trend remains the same. However, the overall crime rate in Michigan has decreased over the past few years, and while it is still higher than the national average, it is lower than the past rates in Michigan.
The crime rate and the number of crimes in the state of Michigan is as follows:
- Violent crime rate in Michigan - 449.4 crimes per every 100,000 people (a total of 44,918 violent crimes)
- Property crime rate in Michigan – 1,653.5 crimes per every 100,000 people (a total of 165,280 property crimes)
- Chances of falling victim to a violent crime in Michigan – 1 in 222
- Chances of falling victim to a property crime in Michigan – 1 in 56
- The most common violent crime in Michigan is burglary with a reported 31,651 cases as of 2018
- The most common property crime in Michigan is larceny-theft with a reported 116,177 cases as of 2018
As of 2018, there are 253,000 people who are in the Michigan justice system. Those people are under legal supervision or incarcerated as follows:
- 40,000 people in state prisons
- 17,000 people in local jails
- 5,600 people in federal prisons
- 1,600 people in involuntary commitment facilities
- 210 people in youth incarceration facilities
- 10 people in Indian country facilities
- 172,000 people under probation
- 17,000 people out on parole
- Poss Cs Pg 1 1 Gram To 4 Gram
- Cocaine- Possess
- Possession Of A Controlled Substance
- Possession Of A Controlled Substance
- #1 Trespass Into Enclosed Place
- #1 Domestic Violence
- #1 Probation Violation
- #1 Reckless Driving
- #1 Giving False Name, Address, Or Birthdate To Law Enforcement Officer
- #1 Parole Violation (For Technical Violation)
- #1 Shoplifting Misdemeanor \u003C $1000 :m:
- #1 Failure To Register (Sex Offender)
- #1 Endangerment/no Injury (Agms)
- #1 Dui -Influence Of Alcohol
- #1 17099 -Mtr/poss Cs Pg 1
- #1 Poss Cont Sub 1St Deg, 1St Off (Methamphetamine)
Perform a Mugshot Lookup in Under 60 Seconds!
Sagittarius: How to Dress According to Your Sign
Star sign fashion: Here is how to dress according to your sign if you are a Sagittarius!
By Rhon A.