How to Find the Perfect Relationship
Longing to find the perfect mate for us is innate, and putting the biological aspects of relationships aside, most of us spend a great deal of time and energy searching for that special someone. Like many things in life, we have control over the relationship we end up having, and if you want that perfect couple hood, you can achieve it. It may take time, it may be difficult, but if you follow these 10 guidelines and tips, you'll reach your relationship goals and be with the right person for you:
Forget about "opposites attracting"
According to Psychology Today, the best couples are the ones where both partners have many similarities, and it makes perfect sense. Finding the right person is finding someone that wants the same future as you, has a similar world view and shares your interests. Opposites may be attracted to one another in the beginning but that tends to fizzle out, and what you end up getting is two people that have very few things in common.
Practice on perfecting yourself
Being in the perfect relationship means not only finding the best partner for you, but also being the best partner yourself. According to Psychology Today, you need to be the kind of partner you want. So, if you feel that you have things about yourself that need improvement, work on them first and then seek out the person that is right for you.
Put loneliness aside
Unfortunately, many people find themselves in the wrong relationship because they would rather be a part of a couple, any couple, than end up alone. Those people may have someone to come home to at night but being in a bad relationship feels just as lonely as not being in a relationship at all. If you don’t want that to happen to you, don't jump into the relationship pool out of fear. Try meeting people that are right for you and remember – the great majority of people end up being a part of a long-term relationship so eternal loneliness isn't really possible.
Take your time
Meeting someone that is right for you can light a great fire that just bursts in us and can make us do things too quickly. Finally finding someone special may cause you to jump the gun on certain things but you should try taking your time. Don't force a committed relationship right of the bat, but let things take their natural course. Finding a perfect relationship means building it over time and not necessarily being Mr. and Mrs. Happy from the beginning. That fire in your belly may feel great, but if you don't try and control it, it might burn everything even before it starts.
Be passionate but thoughtful
Passion… it is definitely one of the best sensations in the world, and also one of the biggest smoke screens when it comes to relationships. Romantic love should go hand in hand with lust and passion, and the two of them make the perfect relationship. If you want a passionate and loving relationship, consider putting the physical aspect on the side for a while. That will allow you time to explore your emotions and find out if you actually like the person you are meeting, or if your just physically attracted to them.
Learn from your past mistakes
It may sound like a cliché but relying on history and finding out what was the downfall in your past relationships can have a great impact on your future. Take the time to remember what went wrong with other partners and if had something to do with you. If you find common denominators that caused your relationships to end, try not to repeat old patterns. That doesn't go to say that every break up you went through was your fault but that all of us should be accountable for the things that we do and learn to look at our own mistakes and not only those of other people.
Expand your choices in partners
Whether we like to or not, most of us end up having a little checklist in our heads that includes the exact qualities we look for in a partner. That list subconsciously makes us date only the people that fit the pattern we built, and that can be destructive. If you want to find a perfect relationship, take control of your consciousness and crumble up that list. Try dating people you wouldn't normally date, and you'll be amazed at what you will find. Some of the best relationships started out when two people decided to give non-checklist people a shot and they ended up falling in love.
Look for mutual support
One of the most important things in any relationship is finding someone that is emotionally supportive, and that is something you shouldn't compromise on. When you look for that perfect partner for you, notice how potential love interests respond to the things that bother you, and also be sure that you support them as well. Being with a person that can't support you during tough moments or just on a daily basis can be difficult and it will make you feel frustrated and lonely.
Look for someone that motivates you
Motivation in life is extremely important and finding a partner that can motivate you is something you should aspire to. When you date people and look for that special someone, search for the one that lights a passion for life in your soul. It goes without saying that you should also be a motivator for your partner, so that the both of you can push each other to be the best versions of yourselves, in whatever it may be that you are trying to achieve.
Be ready to let someone in
Opening up to someone new is one of the most difficult things on the journey to that perfect relationship. You've been hurt, you hesitate, you are unsure. Remember – all of these feelings are natural but you shouldn't let them stop you from opening up to someone new. In time, try to let your potential SO gradually come into your life and heart. Introduce them to friends, be honest with them and let them get to know you. It may be difficult but it is definitely worth the while when you find someone special.
Being in a perfect relationship means being in a perfectly flawed one. The little world you build with that special someone might not seem perfect to others, but to you it will be just what you need. To get there, you should follow the 10 tips listed above and remember – perfection is what you decide it to be.
Safest Online Dating Websites to Use
With dozens of online dating websites and dating apps, it can be difficult to choose the best online dating service for you. To make sure that you are using a reliable dating website, you should check out these reputable, well-known, and high-rated online dating websites:
eHarmony has a screening system that checks applicants to make sure their dating profiles are not made up. So, no wonder the website has millions of users around the world who search and find love on what is often referred to as the best dating website.
A great dating app for people over 50 who want to open a new chapter in their lives, and find a partner to spend time with.
Match.com is one of the biggest and most reputable online dating websites in the world. Launched in 1995, Match.com is responsible for matching numerous couples in 24 countries, and it is definitely one of the best online dating sites.
Lovestruck is great for all you busy people who do not have enough time to compile a detailed online dating profile. Lovestruck matches people based on their location, so you can find matches quickly and easily whenever and wherever you want.
With more than 80 countries on its matchmaking lost, Zoosk is one of the best and also the safest online dating websites. The app matches people based on their behavior and preferences, so you can be certain that you will find like-minded people to date.
OkCupid paid memberships are screened, so many member profiles on the website are checked and verified. You can sign up for OkCupid for free, and choose the best plan for you that will match you with people you can date.
My Social Calendar
This awesome online dating app and dating website connect you with people who share similar interests. You can choose the location where you want to meet people, and get together in a social gathering or on a one-on-one date.
Bumble gives women the power to choose who to date; it's the women who start conversations on Bumble, and the app allows you to conduct video chats, so you can stay safe and find out who you are talking to before you go out on a date.
The Inner Circle
The Inner Circle is one of the most exclusive and selective dating websites; members are chosen carefully and checked thoroughly, which is why it's one of the safest dating services these days.
Hinge asks applicants three questions about their preferences and lives instead of the run-of-the-mill dating app questions. When applicants like the answers they read by other applicants, they can choose who to strike up a conversation with, so you can select who to speak with and who to avoid.
10 Quick Tips for Dating Safely Online
Online dating can provide you with great opportunities to meet potential love interests, or at the very least – new friends. However, you can never be too careful when speaking to people on online dating websites and app. To protect yourself from the hazards of online dating, use the following tips for dating safely online:
- Meet your dates in a public place – when meeting someone you have never seen in real life, it has to be in a public place with a lot of people and in a location where you feel comfortable.
- Do not give your home address – your first few dates should be in a place where you feel comfortable, and a place where you meet your date. So, do not ask your dates to pick you up from home, but rather ask them to meet you in your date spot.
- Run an online dating background check – an online dating background check can reveal people's real name, their marital status, criminal records, and much more. So, before setting a time for a date, run a check on your date to make sure they are who they say they are.
- Video chat your date – another great way to find out your date is no conning you is to speak to them in a video chat. Set up a time where you can talk or even surprise them with a video phone call before you go out.
- Tell a friend the details of the date – before you go on an online date, share the information with a friend – tell them the time and location to make sure someone knows where you are.
- Do not overshare personal information – it is tempting to share as much as possible with a person you like, but you should be careful about what you say; do not share information about the places you regularly go to, information about your family, or other personal information.
- Do not overdrink – a drink during a date is always fun, but too much can put you in hazard. Do not drink too much during your date, especially if your date urges you, and stay sober.
- Carry pepper spray – to make sure you are safe, especially in an emergency, carry pepper spray when you go on online dates.
- Do not use social media photos on your dating profile – if you put social media photos of yourself on online dating websites, people will be able to google them and find your social media accounts. That way, people from online dating websites will be able to find personal information about you, so you should avoid from posting photos from Facebook, Instagram, and other social media accounts.
- Go home alone – a first kiss at the doorstep is always romantic, but try to hold off on it; during your first couple of dates with people you met online, walk, drive, or take public transportation home alone and not with your date.